Super Team

МАРКИ /A-Z/

 

АНКЕТА

Кой е любимият ви германски производител на автомобили?

ХУМОР

Една мутра кара нов Мерцедес и където види кола, нарочно се блъска в нея.

Друга мутра с BMW го застига и пита учудено:

- Какво правиш бе, колега? Що удряш другите и си чупиш колата?

- Ами за кво мислиш тогава е тоя мерник отпред бе, тикво!

ВИДЕО НА СЕДМИЦАТА

ЛЮБОПИТНИ ФАКТИ

През 1905 г. Луи Шевролет печели първото си голямо състезание, като поставя нов рекорд по суша, изминавайки една миля за 52,8 сек.

СТАТИСТИКА


В момента има 18 посетителя в сайта

ПОСЛЕДВАЙТЕ НИ

Online Marketing
Praca pozna? w Zarabiaj.pl

Submit your site in the best website directory for free! This business is listed under Auto Racing Directory

North German Automobile and Engine
Автор: admin
Печат Е-поща
Brands

 

 

 

                                                                                          Lloyd Motoren Werke logo
 
 
Lloyd is the brand name of some car models of Namag (North German automobile engines and Actiengesellschaft) as well as of the later of the Borgward group belonging Lloyd Motoren Werke GmbH, on 2 February 1949 as Lloyd Maschinenfabrik GmbH was founded.

 

                                                                                        Lloyd Motoren Werke logo

Lloyd Motoren Werke

 

The beginnings until the Second World War

Behind the Bremer carmaker Namag was the shipping company North German Lloyd in Bremen. She was talking at the beginning of the 20th century electrical department for the production of railway engines. Their manager was 1905, the engineer Sigmund Meyer ( 1873-1935 ). From this department was in 1906, headed by Meyer North German Automobil-und Motoren AG ( Namag ) show that passenger cars, taxis and commercial vehicles with electric wheel hub drive license warriors under the brand names Lloyd and Namag produced. 1914 merged the Hansa Automobil GmbH in Varel with the Namag to Hansa -Lloyd AG, headquartered in Bremen. Products were mainly lorries, tractors and an almost unsaleable luxury car.

 

1908 Lloyd Krieger, 1958 Lloyd Alexander

1958 Lloyd Alexander, 1908 Lloyd Krieger

 

Mid- 1929, the majority of shares in Hansa -Lloyd AG of Carl FW Borgward and Wilhelm Tecklenborg was taken. Borgward and Tecklenborg had before the global economic crisis - unlike many luxury car manufacturer - can earn with their small commercial vehicles, such as the flash carts, a three-wheeled vehicle with 2.2 hp, still good money and founded in 1931 as a new company, Hansa -Lloyd and Goliath -Werke Borgward & Tecklenborg oHG the name Lloyd was then initially not used until 1950 by the group of companies and their successors - Tecklenborg retired in 1937 as a partner of.

 

Start-up 1949

In February 1949, Carl FWBorgward founded the Lloyd Maschinenfabrik GmbH, the first on the site of the Goliath -Werk GmbH started operation in Bremen- Hastedt. The share capital of $ 100,000 applied to half Carl F. W. Borg Ward; 40,000 DM included his wife Elisabeth and 10,000 DM asked the engineer Wilhelm Lathwesen. After an unsuccessful attempt to recreate looms, the young company introduced electric vehicles ( EL 3000) for the British occupying power on the basis of the Wehrmacht truck Borgward B 3000 ago. Since Borgward had finished with the British a three-year maintenance contract at an annual lump sum and hardly repairs were required to the vehicles, the business threw off a good profit. In December 1950, increased Borg Ward and his wife, now the sole shareholder, the capital of DM 800,000 adjusted for inflation this today corresponds to a sum of 2,078,005 euros.
 
Under the traditional designation Lloyd Lloyd Maschinenfabrik brought in May 1950 the subcompact LP 300 on the market, whose body was due to the prevailing shortage of materials made ??of plywood, which was covered with artificial leather. His nickname: Leukoplast bomber. In the vernacular, it was soon: Who is not afraid of death, travels Lloyd. The car was powered by a 300 cc glass and 10 hp two- stroke engine, which was designed by the " engineering and design joint venture " in Hude near Oldenburg. There, former employees of the Auto Union from Central Germany were active and therefore the construction had also strong similarities with DKW engines prewar on.
 
 
Lloyd LP 300 (Leukoplast bomber), 1950–1952

 

End of January 1951, the company Lloyd Motoren Werke GmbH renamed and soon after the move was made in the new factory on a 200,000 square meter site at the Richard -dark street in Bremen -Neustadt

 

Successful Times: The 1950s

1953 Lloyd was presented with an enlarged 400 ³ to 400 cm (13 hp) engine. Had the 300 still a rather clumsy body, the new model with a more elegant lines, the "small" Lloyd was essentially maintained until the end of production showed. Also, the 400 was initially made ??with a plywood leatherette body. By October 1954, the wooden parts of the built in Bremen- Neustadt car were gradually replaced by steel. The performance of the economical motorized two-stroke Lloyd were low. In particular, the climbing ability on longer slopes could be improved. The vernacular, and especially the riders of more powerful cars bandied therefore sometimes the saying " ... stands on the mountain and howling! ", Which was not entirely unjustified in view of the engine noise.

 

Lloyd LP 400, 1953–1957

 

In 1955 Lloyd LP 600 out of 600 - cc four-stroke engine; it was the most successful year in the company's history: Over 58,000 cars were built - Lloyd was by VW and Opel third place in the German registration statistics and presented with almost 70 percent, the highest proportion of all cars in the Borgward group. The LP 600 has been constantly improved. In the version with synchronized gears, crank windows and from the outside -to-open trunk, he was called from 1957 " Alexander". 1958 TS version was also added to the program with a new grille, which had 25 hp and 110 km / h was fast. For reasons of insurance classification performance was reduced later to 23 hp, so the top speed only 107 km / h, respectively. A total of 176 524 pieces of 600 ran off the line, the last two vehicles were produced in 1963 from remnants.

 

Lloyd LP 600, 1955–1961

 

By the end of 1952, the company for small businesses to LTK 500 presented, a van from a 500 kg payload with two-stroke engine and the Lloyd - typical plywood body. At the same time, the car was offered as sechssitziger minibus (LT 500/6 ). 1953, the LT 500 flatbed pick -up to do so. After the switch to four-stroke engines in September 1955, the panel van and minibus LTK 600 LT were 600/6 produced on request from the end of 1956 with the 50 cm longer chassis of the flatbed. The LT 600/6 in the long version was exported in considerable quantities in the U.S., where he primarily as a camper was used.

 

Lloyd LT 500, 1953–1957

Lloyd LT 600, 1955–1961

 
The Lloyd LP 250 is a small car introduced in June 1956 and offered for sale until 1957 by Lloyd Motoren Werke G.m.b.H. of Bremen. The body and running gear came from the existing Lloyd LP 400. The LP 250 differed in having the size of its two cylinder two stroke engine reduced to 250 cc. This produced a claimed maximum power of just 8 kW(11 PS; 11 hp) at 5000 rpm, less, even, than the 9.8 kW (13.3 PS; 13.1 hp) of the LP 400.
The Lloyd LP 250 became known in Germany as the “Driving Test Nerves Car” („Prüfungsangst-Auto“) because, under the licence classifications then in force, vehicles having an engine capacity below 250 cc fell into a more accessible drivers’ licence category (Licence Category 4) than larger engined cars.[1] Presumably at the time when the drivers’ licence categories were devised, it had not occurred to the legislators that such a category might include a four-seat passenger car. In later years, elderly motorists who had never acquired a more conventional drivers’ licence were happy to spell out that "vehicles" in this case included cars as evidence that they were indeed licensed to drive cars and did not need to take the additional test normally necessary for driving passenger cars (Licence Category 3).
On its introduction in summer 1956, the car lacked some of the relatively luxurious features included on the LP 400 sister model. It came without hubcaps, bumpers or a backrest for passengers in the back seat. The car was offered for sale at just DM 2,980, though the missing features were available at extra cost as options. A more fully equipped version, the LP 250 V, replaced the basic LP 250 in April 1957, the formerly optional fittings becoming standard features; the price was increased to DM 3,350, however, which was the same as the price quoted for the more powerful LP 400.
 
 
Lloyd LP 250, 1956-1957
 
 
Bankruptcy of the Borgward group: The end of 1961
 
On the bankruptcy of the Borgward group, 1961 ( see also: Borgward - bankruptcy ) had the Lloyd 900 " Arabella ", which came to market in 1959, a significant proportion: The development of the car with the new four -stroke engine and the construction of modern production caused investment and depreciation and amortization of 27 million DM for the vehicles of the Borgward group, especially in the U.S. in late 1960 by the group could no longer be financed from after sales slump. Then there were teething problems and costs for product recalls. The Arabella was indeed fully equipped, but tightly calculated and rode only losses per sold vehicle a. Compared to the LP 600, the Arabella was a logical development of the previously built small car as closing the gap to the larger Borgward cars, but with modern lines (for example, with the then fashionable tail fins ) are still reasonably priced and also for those on a budget affordable. However, the start of production teething set, which led to costly recalls and serious damage to the image: There were many gear damage, also arrived in the rain water into the interior, giving the car earned the nickname " Aqua Bella ". From the Arabella total 47,042 units were built; them until 1963 after the bankruptcy of Borg Ward works in 1961 1,493 vehicles.
 
 
Lloyd 900 Arabella, 1959–1963
 
Lloyd Arabella De Luxe, 1960–1963
 
Lloyd Arabella Coupe by Pietro Frua, 1959
 
Lloyd Alexander Coupe by Pietro Frua, 1958
 
 
The " Lloyd Motoren Werke " passed as a small company until 1989 on. 1995 was the Managing Director Karl -Heinz Bädeker delete the company from the companies register. In addition to the supply of spare parts for vehicles built Lloyd took one end of the 1960s, the same function for the Borgward cars. In addition, the two-cylinder two -stroke engine of Lloyd cars was manufactured from 1966 again. About 8000 copies were delivered solely in the United States and Canada, where they served mainly as drive units for snowmobiles. Further, the engine was supplied as a boat engine.
 
 
Motorsport
 
Lloyd participated in numerous racing and rally events to demonstrate the reliability and robustness of the car. Lloyd won in 1958 and 1959 at the " 12 Hours Hockenheim ", a race in which different brands such as BMW, Fiat, glass and NSU competed with 600 cc cars against each other. In addition, Lloyd took 1959 and 1960 with the " Alexander TS " at the Monte Carlo Rally in part. In 1960, the Lloyd - cars are the only cars in the 600 cc class, who reached the goal.
 
 
An endurance race of 12 hours at Hockenheim (Germany) for cars under 600cc., 1958
 
 
The Wiesbaden Lloyd Dealers Karl -Heinz Schäufele built in 1954 a streamlined racing car for record runs. Along with the drivers Adolf Brudes and Hubertus Ricker he won in May at the French circuit Montlhery 14 international records in the class up to 350 cc. The records over 5000 km ( average 112.10 km / h ), 5000 miles and 24 hours is unbroken to this day. 1955, the " White Mouse " said carriage was fitted with a 400 cc engine. Back in Montlhery came for the same three riders in the class up to 500 cc 13 international records.
 
 
Lloyd, July, 1954
 
1955 Lloyd "White Mouse"
 
 
Circumnavigation of the world
 
The Bremen merchant tungsten block was launched on January 7, 1956 with a Lloyd 600 to a world tour. Block completed a total of 89,000 km and returned to Bremen on 28 May 1957. He described his adventures in the book world trip with 19 hp.
 
 
Australian production – The Lloyd-Hartnett
 
The Lloyd 600 was assembled in Australia by a company formed as joint venture between Carl Borgward and Laurence Hartnett in the late 1950s. The car was introduced in December 1957 as the Lloyd-Hartnett and a total of 3000 cars were built before production ceased in 1962.
 
 
Lloyd-Hartnett Alexander 600, 1958
 
 
Classification of type names
 
By Alexander the type designation recognized for the car from a combination of letters and numbers together:
 
An L Lloyd
 
A letter for the body form, namely C for Coupé (at 300) or for Cabriolimousine (at 400 and 600)
 
K for Kastenwagen (small vans without rear side window)
 
P for Personenwagen (sedan)
 
S for Stationswagen (combi in today's parlance, with rear side windows)
 
In the van or bus models of the second letter was T for Transporter.
 
The following number was the displacement of the engine to a full 100 cc to be rounded up. Exceptions: The LP 250, which was actually 250 cc and the LT 500, which was powered by the same 400 cc engine as the LP 400.
 
The Lloyd Alexander wore this signature next to the label 600, which was found still at the rear. The Lloyd Arabella was designated in accordance with this scheme, also known as Lloyd 900. When Alexander TS, however, the designation as a 600 was not common and not also attached to the car.
 
See also - Lloyd Motoren Werke
 
Tipe number of cars built
Lloyd 300 LP, LS and LC 18087
Lloyd 400 LP, LS and LC 109878
Lloyd 250 and 250 V 3768
Lloyd 600 LP, LS and LC, Alexander and Alexander TS 176524
Lloyd Arabella and Arabella de Luxe 47549